Corsair Community

Abit KN9 SLI won't post properly

JohnnyAbsolut

I currently have 2 gb (4 x 512 mb) of Corsair part# CM2X512-5400C2 and it works fine.

However, I have recently purchased 4 gb (2 x 2 gb) of Corsair twin2x4096-6400C5 ram.

My pc won't post completely with the new ram. Upon powering up the pc, the screen goes straight to the Abit title screen and freezes there. The bottom of that screen gives me the options of pressing del to enter setup and tab to enter post, but none of it works. My keyboard is on, I can turn the caps/numlock on and off.

I've tried resetting the cmos to no avail.

Oddly enough, out of curiosity I tried three of my original ram sticks and just one of the new ram sticks and it works. I tried this with each of the new ram so apparently they're both fine. However once I put both of them in (whether in combination with 2 of the original or just the new pair by itself), the problem returns.

I had tried some ram (of another brand) of the same size and speed before, and the same problem occurred. Something about my pc is just not agreeing with this speed, maybe?

• Corsair Employees
With just one of the new modules please try and reset the MB Bios with the Clear C-Mos Jumper or button and then see if it will post and let you into the BIOS to load setup defaults and the tested settings.

With just one of the new modules please try and reset the MB Bios with the Clear C-Mos Jumper or button and then see if it will post and let you into the BIOS to load setup defaults and the tested settings.

With just one new module, the computer just goes straight to the abit title screen and stays there. I've tried resetting the cmos jumper as well as removing the cmos battery. Same thing every time.

From that screen I SHOULD be able to enter setup by pressing del but nothing happens when I try.

However, occasionally (sometimes it will let me tab out of the abit screen, other times it won't), it will let me tab into the post screen. From there it shows that my master/slave drive is detected and the ram is detected, but it freezes there. I can't press any more buttons or leave that screen unless I press the power/reset button.

Archived