Corsair Community

Modules will not run at 1066Mhz

yourt

Okay, I have the same setup @home, except for a 9350e.

Now get this: my mobo/cpu combo is not even listed on the Asus site.

Just check http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M3A78-T and see.

Furthermore, the answer stating the memory is not supported, is wrong. I bought it because the website (on the page they refer to) says:

CORSAIR

Box P/N:TWIN2X4096-

8500C5DF

(CM2X2048-

8500C5D)(EPP)

DDR2 1066

4096MB(Kit of 2)

DS

Heat-Sink

Package

5-5-5-15 N/A V V

So supporrted as single Dimm, as 4 Dimms and apparently not using dual channel either in yellow or black... => does that mean dual channel in yellow only (and not working when in black only)?

There comes my problem: I have a thermalright ultra-120 extreme and because of the height of the dimms I have to place them in the black slots...

I will post my findings as soon as I get everything installed.

One option I have: in the table they mention a 2 GB Kingston Hyper x memory set (also EPP) that appears to be just the right height. Or I could go for a set of xms2's...?

Like in the table:

CORSAIR

Box P/N:TWIN2X4096-

6400C5

(CM2X2048-6400C5)

DDR2 800

4096MB(Kit of 2)

DS

Heat-Sink

Package

N/A N/A V V V

And hey... They are supported in either the yellow or black slots.

Might be me, but I thought the Dominators were selected CM2X2048's??? :roll: :eek:

Any luck yet?

I have my set in the black slots (so not the yellow ones next to the cpu).

Bios can see them. I'm currently installing Vista Ultimate 32. Will post back on mem settings and tweaks. However: M3A78-T and Dominators together with Velociraptors in RAid 0: not evident, but not hard either.

Why 32? Because 3GB+ is more than 2GB (current). Furthermore Id loose some of my memory because of 64 bit adressing (=> not the same 4GB as in 32 bit :roll:), and above all: compatibility issues. I know I can get CS3 working, but hooking up my cam, RAW editing,... ??? ANd gaming, for somewhat older games??? And absolutely not working: my LCD Matrix Orbital BLK202A. And I want that to control temperature with my 3 probes, and make fans spin from 0 to 100%.

My system has one fan spinning now (120 mm) and it is the only noise I can hear (I don't even hear the velociraptors).

MOBO is @32°C and CPU @29°C. MOBO sensor is probably located close to my gpu heatpipes somewhere.

Damn, my Vista installed in the meanwhile (13 minutes). Windows gives 5.8 for cpu and 5.9 for RAM, HD and GPU.

Archived