Corsair Community

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe Rev 2.0 with TwinX1024-3200LL goes bluescreen

_qb_

Hallo! Two days ago I put a nice pair of Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL memory modules on my Asus A7N8X-Deluxe Rev2.0 mainboard and used the standard BIOS settings for aggressive performance with my AthlonXP 3000+ and 200MHz FSB :D: My first boot in WindowsXP seemed to work fine, but when using the system under heavy load, I got some abnormal error messages and then even a bluescreen! :eek: I decided to change the BIOS settings from aggressive to optimal, with the same timings 6-3-2-2. Bluescreen. :confused: I changed the CPU spread spectrum to 0.5%. Bluescreen. :[pouts: I tried to set the RAM voltage to 2.7V. No change. :mad: I manually set the RAM timings to 8-3-3-3. No bluescreen, no error messages. System is stable. And slow. :sigh!: Has anyone a useful tip for me?

Im no expert... but I have the same mobo and had a similar problem.. have you tried running prime or any other memory checking utils? I found that my problem was due to my ram getting corrupted, and the problem progressed untill I had tried to reseat my memory. Then I got my Asus speech reporter telling me I had a bad module... before I had reseated the ram however I found my system stable when I had the timings ridiculously high (slow).

Yes, indeed I tried Prime95 and Memtest3.1a. Memtest gave me 1 error in Test6, but I couldn't reproduce it at the same address. This tells me, it is not the DIMMs to be the thing to blame for (excuse my bad english, I'm german...). The slow timings I told to run stable left me after 1 day of work. bluescreen... :evil: So I decided to try more... This time my first step was to replace the DIMM from socket 1 to socket 3 and the other way round. Additionally I choosed the optimal default settings in BIOS with no FSB spread and 2.7V DIMM voltage. Prime aborted execution after 9 minutes. My next try was to use DIMM socket 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 3. This was the only change, I didn't touch the timings. Now Prime has been running successfully for 1 hour in Blend-mode. I think this is a very good sign. :): Today I won't touch anything as long as my machine works fine. Tonight I'm going to start the Prime torture test for an over-night-run. I will report tomorrow. Thank you!

• Corsair Employees
First this is not really the right part of the forum, so I am moving it to Compatibility Questions! Second, please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and make sure that you have the Rass to Cass set to "3". If you still have the problem, please test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let’s make sure one is not failing! If it still will not post, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace it!

Archived