Corsair Community

Value Select Memory--Ram Guy Or Anyone

Mikli

Hello: Ram Guy or Anyone Question: Is there anywhere that I can find what motherboards support the Value Select Memory. Although yes most should just was wondering if there was a list somewhere like the list in the capaptibilities Qualification Link that is provided in this forum for XMS memory. Let me also ask about the Chipset 865G or any 865 chipset as the Intel Asus motherboards and many others seem to have a limitation on the FSB if you are buying 3200 DDR 400FSB memory. Question: What about the P4C800-E-Deluxe or all of the P4C800 series motherboards with a chipset of 875 insetad of the 865. Question: Will the 875 series motherboards run the 400FSB 3200 DDR memory at 400FSB with anything lower than a 800FSB Processor. Also if there is no list available would it be possible for you to make such a list and provide the answer to these questions I listed above, with the list you provide. Also could you type this info right beside the XMS and TWINX list you have for compatibility to let customers know about this situtaion it would make it a lot easier for customers and for You Ram Guy just to point the info out on a Link. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
This is a chipset limitation, and will not matter what MB maker you choose. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/266 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 In addition, all of the MB memory guides can be found off of the main page under Tech Resources called [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/memory_guides.html]Memory Guides[/URL]! If you do not see the MB listed please ask and I will be happy to make suggestions. As far as what chipset, that really depends on your intended use and if you are an enthusiast or not! However for me personally I would suggest Intel I875 for Intel platform and VIA K8T800 or K8T880 chipset for AMD64!

[quote name='RAM GUY']This is a chipset limitation, and will not matter what MB maker you choose. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/266 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 In addition, all of the MB memory guides can be found off of the main page under Tech Resources called [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/memory_guides.html]Memory Guides[/URL]! If you do not see the MB listed please ask and I will be happy to make suggestions. As far as what chipset, that really depends on your intended use and if you are an enthusiast or not! However for me personally I would suggest Intel I875 for Intel platform and VIA K8T800 or K8T880 chipset for AMD64![/QUOTE] Like I stated in the Memory Guide's there is not a list for VALUE SELECT memory Modules listed for ANY motherboards. Would it possible to list what motherboards you have tested for Value select Modules. All I can see is the XMS guides and server guides and the PC desktop guides for TWINX and CMX modules. For Example: what Value Select Modules do you recommend for the P4C800-E-Deluxe motherboard 875 Chipset, if wanting to run 400FSB * note there is now TWINX packs in Value Select modules, so to run cheaper Price memory to get good overclocking on a Great Board would 3200 Value Select 2 sticks do this. This why i was wanting a GUIDE for motherboards that can 1 and 2 sticks Stable on Many motherboards. That was one example please list more IN a Guide, whether it is Enthusiast, Overclocker or Extreme Overclocker. thks

• Corsair Employees
Well I am sorry, but that's why Value Select is a bit less cost. All of the Value select is based on a By 8 un-buffered module. So they should be compatible with most desktop chipsets. And No I am sorry, but Value select is not our primary focus. If you have a MB and want to use these modules please let me know what make and model and I would be happy to make suggestions!

Heres the Board P4C800-E-Deluxe and heres the Modules, I want to Run 2 of them. CORSAIR VS-512-MB-400 512-MB PC-3200 DDR CAS2.5 184PIN 400Mhz (VALUE SELECT) 512-MB PC-3200 DDR CAS2.5 184-PIN 64Mx64 DRAMS (16 Chips) Well I can understand that Value Select not being a Primary Focus, but it should have a guide for those customers wanting to know if 2 sticks will run stable as they have not been tested together on these boards (or have been but no guide is listed to see).

The VS1GBKIT400 which is two individual 512Mb VS PC3200 CAS 2.5 modules should run on your motherboard, but they aren't tested for dual-channel nor are they meant for overclocking. If you want to overclock the memory, XMS or TwinX is the way to go. I also believe that Corsair VS memory is made to be JEDEC compliant which means they're as compatable with as many chipsets, etc, as you can get. PLUR CK

• Corsair Employees
I would have to agree with CK here! However I have these modules running in my desktop system now. And they run very well and will perform better than most generic modules you would compare them too. Should be a great choice! If you plan on over clocking though, I would suggest Twinx1024-3200LL or faster depending on the CPU you have!

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would have to agree with CK here![/QUOTE] It's almost scary to read that more than once in a day! As for the Value memory as a whole, I wanted to go further with what RAM GUY said because my post may have been misleading... It's designed to be as compatable as possible while still giving you the best performance as possible. What you end up with is a value-priced module that performs on a whole better than other "value" memory! It is in no way "bad" memory, just not meant for overclocking! PLUR CK

Archived