Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800 and PC3200-512mb xms help!

alphilly

I have an ASUS p4c800e mobo setup with dual channel (2x512 mb corsair pc3200 xms ram sticks), and I am having problems posting. The computer will beep and the integrated sound system will say "failure in setup". I have inserted each one in the slot separately, and it will work with only 1 512 mb stick of 3200 xms ram. I read many posts on this problem, but nobody seems to have the answer. Oh btw, how do you change the voltage settings to 2.7 in the BIOS setup? which menu is it under. I realize maybe I need to buy 3500 instead, because many people have complained about the incompatibility between the p4c800 and corsair 3200xms-512. Thanks for your time. Alex- Cooler Master ATC case (4 fan) ATX-Antec 400 watt power Extreme edition P4heatsink+fan ASUS Mobo p4c800e Geforce FX 5600 128 mb graphics 1 gig(2x512sticks)corsair xms3200 ram

[quote name='alphilly']I have an ASUS p4c800e mobo setup with dual channel (2x512 mb corsair pc3200 xms ram sticks), and I am having problems posting. The computer will beep and the integrated sound system will say "failure in setup". I have inserted each one in the slot separately, and it will work with only 1 512 mb stick of 3200 xms ram. I read many posts on this problem, but nobody seems to have the answer. Oh btw, how do you change the voltage settings to 2.7 in the BIOS setup? which menu is it under. I realize maybe I need to buy 3500 instead, because many people have complained about the incompatibility between the p4c800 and corsair 3200xms-512. Thanks for your time. Alex- Cooler Master ATC case (4 fan) ATX-Antec 400 watt power Extreme edition P4heatsink+fan ASUS Mobo p4c800e Geforce FX 5600 128 mb graphics 1 gig(2x512sticks)corsair xms3200 ram[/QUOTE] from the bios go to "advanced" then select "jumperfree config then select "ai overclock tuner" select manual then select ddr ref voltage about your other problem make sure your mem timing are 2-2-3-6 and not 2-3-2-6

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
LOL! Well I don’t know of a lot people complaining, and trust me I would know. The issue that I have seen is when someone purchases the incorrect memory for their MB or chipset. And the MB you have requires Un-buffered or AKA Non registered memory. Can you tell me the part# that's on your Modules? If you have a "R" or "RE" in the part# then that's most likely the problem. Please check or let me know the exact part that you have!

Archived