Corsair Community

little help

hello i need some help iam buying a p4 3.4 ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe with ATI RADEON 9800 XT 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video also 36.7GB Western Digital Raptor Serial ATA 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache i dont plan on over clocking this at all just run it stock what memory will be best for me as far as the best perfromace i can get. i want to get 1 gb of corsair but 3200 3700 4000 i heard if i went with anything larger than 3200 it would hender my performance without oc please someone tell me exact what memory to get here what part number and such i see a bunch of diff stuff like ll c2 pro thanks in advance

[quote name='CMC_SAVAGE']Corsair specs the 3200C2. If you do not plan on OC'ing, this would be fine. You'll gain speed from the 3700 or 4000 but a higher timings. The LL's are better suite for an AMD sysytem and the Pro Modules are no different except for the LED's.[/QUOTE] so the 3200 c2 is best meory i can get for my machine without overclocking it best performance what iam looking for is best possible performance i dont want whats ok iam looking for the best thanks for your reply i called alienware they use in this same machine 3200 llc2

For the ABSOLUTE best performance at stock speeds (FSB200/DDR400) the PC3200LL RAM is faster than the PC3200C2 even at the same clock speed. It uses a faster IC. And, the PRO RAM is made with the same internal RAM with the LEDs added on a different type heat spreader. So, I say go for 2 X 512mb (TwinX 1024mb kit) of PC3200LL or LL Pro. The LL is a better match with your blazing AGP card and screaming CPU. Mike.

[quote name='specmike']For the ABSOLUTE best performance at stock speeds (FSB200/DDR400) the PC3200LL RAM is faster than the PC3200C2 even at the same clock speed. It uses a faster IC. And, the PRO RAM is made with the same internal RAM with the LEDs added on a different type heat spreader. So, I say go for 2 X 512mb (TwinX 1024mb kit) of PC3200LL or LL Pro. The LL is a better match with your blazing AGP card and screaming CPU. Mike.[/QUOTE] thanks man just got done ordering that memory

Archived