Corsair Community

Asus 9800XT water block.

lschew

hi there, i m new to this forum. i m using a hydrocool 200 system to cool my P4 3.06 that i clocked @ 3.63. just wondering if anyone already water cooled his/her Asus Radeon 9800XT vga card? if yes, would you be kind enough to tell me where can I obtain a set of it? and also, does anyone know when Corsair is going to release their new gpu and nb water block? Thanks.

The Corsair NB and GPU cool blocks should be out sometime this month. The pics of the proto types are here in this forum. They are designed to work with the Hydrocool, so if you can wait for a bit, I would suggest that. But there are many different blocks out on the market that will fit your ATI card as the mounting is the same on all radeon 9000 cards that have the 2 mount holes on the PCB. There are some people that are useing the Koolance GPU block with the 1/4 inch fittings and getting good temps. As for me, I'm going to wait a while longer to see if the Corsair blocks come to retail, I sort of like everything matching together as they were designed to........ :sunglasse

[quote name='Bio-Hazard']The Corsair NB and GPU cool blocks should be out sometime this month. The pics of the proto types are here in this forum. They are designed to work with the Hydrocool, so if you can wait for a bit, I would suggest that. But there are many different blocks out on the market that will fit your ATI card as the mounting is the same on all radeon 9000 cards that have the 2 mount holes on the PCB. There are some people that are useing the Koolance GPU block with the 1/4 inch fittings and getting good temps. As for me, I'm going to wait a while longer to see if the Corsair blocks come to retail, I sort of like everything matching together as they were designed to........ :sunglasse[/QUOTE] well, i know there are lots of gpu blocks around in the market, i m not sure if u aware of this or not, seemed to me that asus 9800xt has got a rather big copper plate/heatsink/ram sink not only fan cool the vpu itself, it also cool the rams too. any comments on this? as for me, i would rather wait for a little while for the blocks from corsair too. thanks.

If you're going to water cool that card you have to take off the complete cooling system that's on it now and then replace the ram cooling with some other type of ram sink. All 9800XTs have that huge sink on them, they might look a bit different but they all mount with the same pin mount holes. I just looked at your card on line and it looks as if yours also has the same mount holes as the rest of the XTs. It also looks to be the same red PCB as the other XTs so I don't think you'll have any problems. You'll just have to get different ram sinks if that cooler is one piece. Here's a little out take from a recent review of the card about the board design: "It's no surprise that Asus follows the reference designed ATi Radeon 9800XT with the exception of the additional ATi Rage Theatre chip on the back."

Archived