Corsair Community

FIC AU13 and VS512MB400C3

newdon44

I have install my au13 mobo with value select 512 mb ram and an Athlon XP 3200+ 400 FSB. Is this memory compatible with this motherboard? I am getting blue screens and Memtest shows errors in the high range of memory starting with 1021 MB.

• Corsair Employee
These modules should not be a problem with this MB, please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. If you do find one failing, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

[quote name='RAM GUY']These modules should not be a problem with this MB, please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. If you do find one failing, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.[/QUOTE] :confused: Dear sir, I tried your recommendation and I got 1000's of more errors showing in Memtest. After talking to FIC techs, they said that value select might not be compatible. any more suggestions? :!:

• Corsair Employee
First thing, I am sorry as I gave you incorrect settings for these modules. I missed that you had Value select! Sorry. Please set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. If they will not pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url], please test them one at a time and let's make sure one is not failing!

[quote name='RAM GUY']First thing, I am sorry as I gave you incorrect settings for these modules. I missed that you had Value select! Sorry. Please set the timings to Cass 2.5-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts. If they will not pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url], please test them one at a time and let's make sure one is not failing![/QUOTE] Dear Sir, Tried your new settings and those didn't work either. I have 4 modules of this value select ram and they all give me errors. Would this seem unusual for this type of thing to be happening with 4 separate modules, all the same model? Thanks

Just a note, but the title of this thread is: VS512MB400[b][color=red]C3[/color][/b] This module appears to be a CAS 3 module. Sorry to say, I don't know the exact timings that should be used, but I think RAM GUY just missed that part. You could try: 3-4-4-8 to start, just to see if it'll work. That's: CAS - 3 RAS to CAS - 4 RAS Precharge - 4 Active Delay - 8 @ 2.7x volts. PLUR CK

[quote name='CandyKid']Just a note, but the title of this thread is: VS512MB400[b][color=red]C3[/color][/b] This module appears to be a CAS 3 module. Sorry to say, I don't know the exact timings that should be used, but I think RAM GUY just missed that part. You could try: 3-4-4-8 to start, just to see if it'll work. That's: CAS - 3 RAS to CAS - 4 RAS Precharge - 4 Active Delay - 8 @ 2.7x volts. PLUR CK[/QUOTE] Thanks candykid, I've tried a lot of tweaking over the weekend and the fewest eroors I can get are with a voltage setting of 2.8. Still errors persist. I wonder if I sure try some other ram. Thanks again.

• Corsair Employee
I would test them one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let’s make sure one is not failing. But, if you are getting errors with all of them one up, I would suggest testing them on another MB if possible or look for some other problem, like a bad or failing CPU, MB, or PSU!

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would test them one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let’s make sure one is not failing. But, if you are getting errors with all of them one up, I would suggest testing them on another MB if possible or look for some other problem, like a bad or failing CPU, MB, or PSU![/QUOTE] Yes sir, I've done all that. I have 2 FIC AU13 motherboards(new) each with an Athlon XP 3200+ 400 FSB(new also). Each module has been tested individually on both boards all weekend, at different settings and none of them seem to want to run without errors or give me a blue screen in Windows 2000 Pro. I do have a copy of Memtest86 and have run it on other computers to make sure that the program isn't a bad copy. It's not. I have a computer running an AU13 board with an XP 2400+ and 512MB of ram.No errors. What can I do? Thanks :confused:

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest that you test them on a different makers MB if possible, If you still get errors let's try replacing your modules. Please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

[quote name='RAM GUY']I would suggest that you test them on a different makers MB if possible, If you still get errors let's try replacing your modules. Please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.[/QUOTE] I don't another motherboard available. What will happen if I put these pc3200 modukes in a machine with an XP 2400+ 266 FSB. How will that effect the tests? Or should I just try another type of ram like your XMS series?

• Corsair Employee
It should be no problem, but I would set the memory Frequency to 1-1 or so the memory is running at the same frequency as the CPU and then test them with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. It may help to isolate the problem.

[quote name='RAM GUY']It should be no problem, but I would set the memory Frequency to 1-1 or so the memory is running at the same frequency as the CPU and then test them with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. It may help to isolate the problem.[/QUOTE] It seems that at the slower speed, the problem doesn't occur. After buying another manufacturers ram module and testing it in the au13 with the 3200+the other manufacturer module doesn't show a problem either at either speed of 266 or 400. My only conclusion that I see is that the value select ram is bad. Help me out with this, please. Is this a bad batch or something? I bought 4 modules of the series. Is it possible that their all bad? Should I try your XMS series

Archived