Corsair Community

MSI P45 Platinum and XP Pro32 - memory configuartion

kurtp

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am hopeful it will be helpful.

My new system runs into the Stop 0x0000007B error upon loading XP Pro32, a minute or two after being prompted for additional device drivers (my JMicron RAID floppy). Not sure if it is memory related or not, but thought that it might be that I have 2 separate 2GB DDR2-800 modules and XP may not be able to support this much memory. Could you help me understand if this is true and what the limitations are?

Thanks for your help.

Kurt

Here is what I have for memory: TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX.

MSI P45 Platinum motherboard.

The CPU is Intel Quad Core Q9300. I think it runs at 2.5Ghz. Default settings are used for the memory and processesor.

CPU Feature

Execute Bit Support - Enabled

CIE Support - Disabled

Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3 - Disabled

Chipset Feature

HPET - Enabled

Cell Menu

Multi-step DC Booster - Disabled

D.O.T. Control - Disabled

Intel EIST - Enabled

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency - 333

Adjust CPU Frequency - 2500

FSB/DRAM Ratio - Auto

Adjust DRAM Frequency - 800

Are these what you asked for?

Thanks.

Kurt

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived