Corsair Community

MSI K8T NEO and TwinX CMX512-3200C2

Croydo

I have been running my Athlon 64 3000+ with my MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R MB for some time, and I seem to be getting random restarts in some games where they start to load then don't and i get taken back to the desktop. A few days ago I downloaded memtest86+ to confirm my suspicions. At the I have it set up with the modules staggered in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts. I only bumped the voltage up 3 days ago. DRAM Clock: 200 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank I have tested my sticks individually and had no errors in 7 passes, however when iIhave both sticks in I had one error in 12 passes. Here was my error: Test: 4 Pass: 0 Failling address: 000051c6000 - 81.3MB Good: 00000080 Bad: 7481c040 Err Bits: 7481c0c0 Please help.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and please re-test!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I finally had a chance to test it again with both sticks in, made the suggested changes, and I did not get any errors for 24 passes, but I was not convinced so i tested it again, and had 21 errors in test 3, on the first pass, at this point i rebooted.

unfortunately I do not have another system i can test the memory in. Last night i downclocked the memory and ran it 333mhz instead of 400mhz, and tested it with both sticks in at default speed (2.5,3,3,7 at 2.7v) and had no errors. It would seem the errors only occur when i try and run it 400mhz. I have also now tested both sticks individually with the above settings and had no errors in over 25 passes with each module.

Archived