Corsair Community

Bad Ram

tofumaker

Hi, I purchased 2 sticks of ram (in my profile). One stick went back about 6 months back. I know this because I took it out and my computer worked fine afterwards. I also switched the stick to another slot and it did not work either. My other stick went bad about 2 weeks ago. Everytime I try to boot up Windows, it would freeze on the windows logo screen. I switched out the ram and it worked fine. I would like to return both sticks for the warranty. Is there anything else I can try? I seriously think I've exhausted my options. Thank you.

I have TWINX2048-3200PT. My CPU is an AMD Athlon 3200+ and I left all the BIOS settings on my MOBO alone. It is a ASRock 939Dual-SATA2. I'm not sure about some of the other stats because I no longer have working RAM. I was able to borrow a friend's ram for a wk or so but he took it back since then so my PC is completely out of action. I think it is the ram though simply because I replaced the RAM and my computer worked fine for that whole week. I hope this helps. I really need to get my PC up and running

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure

Archived