Corsair Community

Intel 875PBZ with TwinX1024-3200CL2 Dual Channel?

mjmattson

I have an Intel 875PBZ board, P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB, Corsair TwinX1024 - 3200CL2 Dual Channel memory. When I first installed it I had the system fail to get through POST a few times so I manually set the timing to 2-3-3-6 as recommended on the Corsair site. This *appeared* to solve the problems, system runs ok, no crashes, etc. What I have seen, however, is that running a pretty intensive program (ClrMame Pro) that taxes the CPU results in many CRC-32, ZIP file, and file integrity errors. I also see system problems when remote desktop'd in, running the application, and using media player. According to the software author, those random errors are almost always caused by memory timing or bad RAM. I have had those errors in the past on another PC and it was a bad DIMM. This memory is about 2 months old and I just can't believe that one/both of them is/are bad already. My question is, will the memory I have work properly with my Intel board with the CPU under load or should I get a different type of memory? I did not see this memory on the Intel recommended memory list (which is a real surprise to me). I set the timing, but nothing else. Did I miss a setting (voltage, etc?) This is just really frustrating that top of the line board, processor, memory don't work together 100%. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt

• Corsair Employees
These modules should not be a problem with this MB, please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then set the timings manually and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. If you do find one failing, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

I found that one of my sticks was throwing errors (tested them individually)went to my retailer and got them replaced. The problem is that now one of the new ones is doing the same but at more addresses than the original "bad" stick. Settings are: 2-3-3-6 (default was 2.5-3-3-8 as detected by the board) 2.625V DIMM Voltage (I tried 2.725V as well based on some other posts) I'm confused as to why 50% of the memory I have purchased new is throwing errors with memtest86 3.1a. That is a really bad percentage. Is there a way to get the memory replaced where I don't have to be without my PC for a few days? Or would it be better to just go get another brand? Thanks for any help. [quote name='RAM GUY']These modules should not be a problem with this MB, please make sure that you have the latest bios installed and then set the timings manually and test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and lets make sure one is not failing. If you do find one failing, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest that we replace the modules directly, and or if you have another system can you try testing them in another MB? I am sorry as we do not sell direct and would have no way to do an advanced replacement. For the RMA if you like please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived