Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX and Intel DX38BT Mobo

sc2071

Greetings,

I just purchased an Intel DX38BT Motherboard and Corsair's 2x2GB TW3X4G1333C9DHX pack. However, with automatic RAM settings and the latest BIOS the Intel board just sets the RAM at 1066MHz. I've looked around the forums, but when I configuring the RAM manually I can't find a list of all the settings I need. The BIOS doesn't have Auto for each setting.

I'm not overclocking or anything fancy, just want to run the RAM at speed.

Here's the BIOS settings. I've put in the answers where I can find them, for others I left with ? marks:

Reference Freq: (333MHz?)

Memory Freq: 1333MHz

tCL: 9

tRCD: 9

tRP: 9

tRASmin: 24

tRFC: ???

tRRD: ???

tWR: ???

tWTR: ???

tRTP: ???

Memory Voltage: (1.70?)

Command Rate: 2T

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm using an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB.

I've left all those unknown settings at the default for the motherboard, I did a Windows Memory Diag and with 2 passes all is fine. The system appears to be stable. However, I would still like to have have the exact numbers these settings should be set to, as I don't want to find out the RAM is incompatible later once I can no longer return it.

Ugh, even more confusing. I've downloaded CPU-Z and it's reporting things that just don't sound right.

For instance, on the Memory tab:

DRAM Freq: 666.6 MHz

FSB:DRAM: 1:2

CL: 9

tRCD: 9

tRP: 9

tRAS: 24

tRC: (greyed out)

CR: 2T

DRAM Idle Timer: (grey)

tRDRAM: (grey)

Row to Column tRCD: (grey)

Under the SPD tab, Slot #1:

DDR3

Module Size: 2048 MBytes

Max Bandwidth: PC3-8500F (533 MHz)

Man: Corsair

Part #: CM3X2G1333C9DHX

-----

So, for the first tab, shouldn't my memory be running at 1333MHz, and not 666MHz? And why under SPD tab is it getting the wrong Max Bandwidth and Part Number? Shouldn't these be PC3-10666 (1333MHz) and TW3X4G1333C9DHX respectively?

Err.... :mad:

Thanks!

Can you tell me more about what settings I should set for these: Reference Freq, tRFC, tRRD, tWR, tWTR, tRTP, Memory Voltage? I would think that the Ref Freq and Memory Voltage would be common settings to know, but I guess I can't find where those settings are listed on this forum. I currently have the Voltage set to 1.7v, but if that's too high I certainly want to know. Don't want to fry my new RAM!!!

Many thanks!

Thanks!

Can you tell me more about what settings I should set for these: Reference Freq, tRFC, tRRD, tWR, tWTR, tRTP, Memory Voltage? I would think that the Ref Freq and Memory Voltage would be common settings to know, but I guess I can't find where those settings are listed on this forum. I currently have the Voltage set to 1.7v, but if that's too high I certainly want to know. Don't want to fry my new RAM!!!!

Allow these values to be set to Auto. Your DRAM is warranted for life up to and including 2.0v. Setting to 1.7v is fine.

Well, I feel better knowing that the voltage is okay...

Unfortunately, the other settings can't be set to AUTO. Wish I knew more about them, so I could set them to something that I know to stable. The BIOS Manual on Intel' site tells me nothing. :(

Archived