Corsair Community

Help... PC won't boot - IC7-G w/ 1GB PC3200C2PT

rstricke

I'm currently building a new PC based on the IC7-G Mobo and the following list on components: Antec Sonata Case P4 3.0C 1 GB (2x512) Corsair Twin X XMS PC3200C2PT ver 1.1 All-in-Wonder 9600XT 2- Maxtor 80GB SATA HDs 1- Maxtor 120 GB SATA HD 48x Lite-on Combo Drive So far the only thing I get when powering up is a continuous series of long and loud beeps. From what I gather this normally indicates a Memory module issue. I don't get any video flicker, but system fans and HDs appear to be getting power. I've connected all but the 120 GB HD. I've attempted to reseat the video and RAM modules as well as swap modules between Dimm slots. Additionally I've tried booting with each module seperately installed with same results each time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Please check the module part# and make sure that there is no "R" or "RE" in the part#. If not, them please try them in another system or try other memory with your system and see if it will post.

I was able to locate a extra module of RAM for testing. When I powered the PC on with the single test module the PC powered on and I was able to boot to a floppy so I could initiate a BIOS update. During the update the PC started making a load continous beeping sound. Almost like a siren sound. Sound was off and on and fairly quick. When the BIOS update was finished and I pressed F1 as prompted the sound stopped. The sound started again however once the PC started to boot up. It would appear that the mobo doesn't like the Corsair modules or that there is something wrong with them. Any additional ideas or suggestions?

I'm currently able to power on the PC and access the BIOS settings while running on a single module of PC2100 RAM. I was beginning to check BIOS settings when after about 3-5 minutes a siren like sound was emitted and continued until I exited the bios. I restarted PC and sound started again.

• Corsair Employee
The module you have is a registered module and would not be compatible with this MB. Sorry! Please ask your reseller if they can help you get these replace for the same module but with out the "R" or "RE" in the part#.

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed my reseller. THis was there response. "Hello Ronald, Our return period for memory is 15 from the date we ship it out. That period has passed, We cannot accept the memory for return, not even for an exchange. Sincerely, ZipZoomFly Customer Service With this in mind, will Corsair exchange my RAM for the correct unregistered version under their warranty?

• Corsair Employee
Normally we do not change to another part#, as we do not sell direct! however, I would suggest that you go ahead and submit the RMA. But you will need to make that clear in your request! and we will see what we can do! Please follow the link in my signature!

Archived