Corsair Community

HX620 Getting hot

Django_BE

Hello everybody.

I`ve got a little problem.Last night I was playing Crysis Warhead on my new pc.After playing for a while I smelled something funky.I took the sidepanel of my case and I stuck my nose in the case.The smell was comming from the PSU.There was nothing wrong with the pc, it didn`t freeze or anything,and it didn`t have framedrops.Just the smell.Here is a picture of the PSU --> Click

You can see that the fan of the PSU is facing down the case and there is a fan thats blows cold air straight onto the PSU.When you see the PSU, the piece right in the top corner gets very hot, I can lay my finger there for one second and then it becomes to hot.Its is a piece with the size of two square cm.Or half of a square inch.The other parts of the PSU are fairly cold.Only in the right top corner there is a problem.

Can someone tell me if this is a big problem???

Thnx in advance

P.S.: Sorry for the bad englisch ( Dutch is my native language )

• Corsair Employee
I would remove the PSU from the case and see if you have the same results running the system with the PSU outside of the case. If you do, and you would like to get it replaced, then we can do that for you, but if you have not had any problems with the system, then there may not be a reason to.

I would remove the PSU from the case and see if you have the same results running the system with the PSU outside of the case. If you do, and you would like to get it replaced, then we can do that for you, but if you have not had any problems with the system, then there may not be a reason to.

Thnx for the advice.Tomorrow I will take it out of the case and stress it a bit by playing Crysis again.What should I do when it stays that hot? Replace it? Or wait till I get problems with the Pc ( BSOD,Random reboots,... )

• Corsair Employee
If the PSU stays that hot even outside of the case, then we can try replacing it for you, but heat would not necessarily indicate a problem with the PSU. Some will run hotter than others, depending on the other components in the system and their configuration.

Archived