Corsair Community

Corsair Please help with DDR3 Settings

MrLoz

A question for Corsair:

I do not understand all the settings in my ASUS Striker II Extreme MB. With everything set on Auto I really do not feel the MB has chosen the correct settings for my Corsair 2GB DDR3 DHX 1600C7DHX Twin 3x (2x1GB) (TWIN3X2048-1600C7DHX) DDR3 RAM. I had two lots of this RAM to make 4GB but one of the matched pairs was dead on installation in any combination which is strange as it is tested in pairs. I am waiting for overclockers UK to replace one of the matched pairs.

I do not want to over clock after spending £ 1500 on building a new system I dont need to overclock. If I wanted a faster system I would have spent more money. Anyway the question is for Corsair tech support. I would really like to know what my RAM should be set at. On auto the voltage for example is 1.62v, the RAM sticks state 1.8 v. Also I thought the RAM was PC3-12800 but if I set this in the BIOS I get case timings of something like 9-9-9 etc.

So Corsair could you please help and supply some information as to the optimal settings for my RAM so I get the performance I paid for rather than slow RAM because I do not know what settings to use, no information was provided with the RAM and my MB does not appear to have auto detected it very well.

If it makes any difference my config is Asus Striker II Extreme 790i MB, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU and EVGA GeForce GTX 280 SC Edition GPU.

I have had some BSODS but I am putting this down to Krapspersky at the moment as the BSOD report blames it and the system seams to BSOD when Kaspersky starts an update.

Sorry for the long post but if information was provided with the RAM then I would have a problem.

Thanks

Loz

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we do not offer MB specific settings but you can get the BIOS settings from the link in my signature. However, with 4 modules DDR1066 would be suggested and set the memory Voltage to 1.8 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts and set the tested timings manually.

Archived