Corsair Community

Abit IC7-G and TwinX (CMX512-3200LLPT)

michaelk

This is an Abit IC7-G w/ 2.8GHz HT and 1GB Ram in dual channel (2x512 TwinX CMX512-3200LLPT), a couple of WD 120GB drives, NVidia graphics. CPU Voltage = default DDR SDRAM voltage = 2.6V AGP Voltage = 1.55 Just updated the MB Bios to version 22 and after clearing CMOS default settings were loaded. Leaving memory timings controlled by SPD resulted in 2-2-2-6, which is also what is printed on the Corsair memory sticker - it promptly crashed my system. Looking at the Corsair website, I could not find the memory module I have with the timings as they are printed on the label. Almost all modules are listed w timings of 2-3-2-6-T1 - so I tried this setting in manual BIOS setup. Lo and behold it works now. A couple of questions: Why does 2-2-2-6 not work when it is coded in SPD and printed on the label of the memory chip and why can't I find that chip w/ these timings described on the Corsair site? :confused: Can I change the SPD values on the chip so they will work in SPD mode on the MB? But most importantly - What are the optimal settings for this MB/memory chip combination. I'm not OCing this at all (or should I?). I need a fast but reliable system. Thx.

• Corsair Employees
If you have revision 1.1 of these modules that would be what the SPD is set to 2-2-2-6. In addition, a wile back we started seeing MB's like with the Canterwood/Springdale chipset's that would not run stable with the Rass to Cass set to "2". So we changed the timings to run the timings at Cass 2-3-2-6 instead. Some MB's will run with out problems and some will not. I would suggest that you leave it at Cass 2-3-2-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts as well.

Archived