Corsair Community

what do you all think of this?

I've tried serveral combinations of overclocking/ratios/ram timings....etc. However, I found that the following settings worked best. P4P800 dlx rev 1.XX 2.4C @ 3.06 /1.632v/ 5:4 ratio /255 mhz Corsair twinx 3700 @ 2.5 3 3 5 8 /2.85v Mam and turbo enabled spreadspectrum disabled Prime95 is stable and ctiaw reports 5598.9 mbytes/s (7) pat partially enabled This is what I ended up with after about a month testing different oc combinations. Phalinx

I agree about the voltages, but your spex look great overall. You might want to see if you can trim the voltages down a bit and still run just as fast. If you can go fast with less voltage, that's always better for the long run and less heat. Also, the Samsung ICs in the PC3700 have internal voltage regulation so the 2.85v may not be doing any good anyways. BUT!, I usually subscribe to the idea of " if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! Only thing I'd really consider is putting active cooling on the NB. That's a great OC and the NB will be getting pretty warm. Mike. :sunglasse

Archived