Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Errors

D-cap236

I bought 2x1 Gb of Corsair Dominator ddr2 800mhz C3DF at Newegg, while I was in the US, but I live in Portugal and 1 of the modules gives hundreds of errors on memtest...What do I do? Send the whole package back to US so my sister can send it back to Newegg? Or is there a seller in Portugal that I can send it to?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

Can you tell me what settings you have manually set in the BIOS for both the memory and the CPU?

If you would like Corsair to replace the modules for you, then they would most likely need to be shipped to the US. You can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to find out for sure what options may be available. However if you decide to have NewEgg replace the modules for you, then you would need to contact them directly to find out what options are available.

At first I had the memory at default settings without messing with bios and I put my CPU speed stock just to see if everything was running OK, ran MemTest, benchmarks, etc.

After 3 days I overclocked intel core 2 quad q6600 to 3,2ghz (400 mhz x 8). Prime stable. And I put the Ram to rated speeds: 800mhz 3-4-3-9 2.4V, ran Memtest for a bunch of passes and everything was 100% clean and stable...After a week and a half I think, PC started freezing, I checked Memtest, full of errors. Tried at factory speeds and rated speeds, same thing.Tried with only one module and found out that only one is ruined.

And motherboard is ASUS P5K-E WiFi/AP

So do I send the whole kit or just the broken one module? Not sure how it is in US.

I'll talk to my sister, she lives in california so I'll see if I send it direct or to her.

Archived