Corsair Community

nforce2 and PC2700 dual channel

EasyPrey

I have a MSI K7N2G ILSR board and a XP 2700+ CPU and 2x512MB PC2700 Kingston ValueRam...I'm having major stability issues with this set up. I just bought the board and all parts came off of a MSI KT3 Ultra-R board and worked perfectly. I finally got MSI to say it was a memory problem even though they list my RAM on there site as compatible. I contacted Kingston and they said that they don't support the nforce2 chipset because of instablitly problems...I know what they are saying. LOL They actually recomended Corsair when I asked for their suggestions to an alternate RAM. So here is my question. I'm thinking about buying a matched pair of your PC2700(TWINX1024-2700LLPT) I looked at your memory guide, but it doesn't list this memory....will it work alright in my board in a dual channel set up??? Thanks for any help, Craig aka EasyPrey.

• Corsair Employees
Our Twinx1024-2700LL would be a great choice for this MB and in fact we test these modules in an Nforce2 MB before they leave our factory. However; if you plan on upgrading or over clocking, I would suggest that you use Twinx1024-3200LL as that would give you some room to grow or over clock. If you will not do either of the above, then I would go with Twinx1024-2700LL! Either way our modules will run at the rated speed or we will be happy to replace them if there is a module problem.

• Corsair Employees
Yes! C2 = Cass 2-3-3-6 LL = Cass 2-3-2-6 PT = Platinum Heat Spreader Pro = Activity LED's R = Registered RE = Registered with ECC With nothing after the part# that would be a standard Black Heat spreader.

Archived