Corsair Community

ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe + 4GB 2x TWINX2048-3200C2PT G

piollo

Hello,

I have a problem with 4GB RAM (2x TWINX2048-3200C2PT) on Motherboard ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe with BIOS 1009.

So, my BIOS show 3545 MB with four sticks 1024 MB. Why? If I put three sticks (3GB), than BIOS show correct 3072 MB.

Regards,

Peter.

• Corsair Employees
That is normal for that chipset as it is a 32-Bit chipset and you will never see more than 32 Billion Bits or memory. 4096 * 8 = and then add the other memory up in your system and subtract it from 32 Billion bits and that is what you will se available. about 3.0-3.6 Gig of available.

That is normal for that chipset as it is a 32-Bit chipset and you will never see more than 32 Billion Bits or memory. 4096 * 8 = and then add the other memory up in your system and subtract it from 32 Billion bits and that is what you will se available. aboit 3.0-3.6 Gig of available.

Thank you very much. So I have 4GB RAM, but system show only 4*8*1024*1024 = 33,554,432 bits? This is a little stupid, but I understand this is a math. :(

Why at corsair.com and asus.com is:

"Details for Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

Maximum Memory: 4GB..."???

when real max memory is 3545 kB for this chipset and this motherboard?

Is better for me, when I use only 2048 MB Dual-Channel? ...and I sell two other modules TWINX2048-3200?

• Corsair Employees

You would need to take that up with the MB maker, sorry!

You would get best performance from using just two modules with this chipset so yes I would suggest just using 2 1.0 Gig modules but if you are using an application that will utilize the extra memory then it might be a good idea using as much memory as the system will support.

Archived