Corsair Community

MSI X48C Platinum DRAM Timings

Strength

Hi, i have the msi x48c platinum motherboard and two 1333C9DHX kits. When trying to manually set the ram timings the system rejects them ,saying that the previous action of overclocking has failed and suggesting to rollback to some default settings.I think the problem has to do with some extra timing settings, because, apart from the usual ones (CAS# Latency - 9, RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9, RAS# Precharge - 9, RAS# Active To Precharge - 24), i also have to configure the TRFC,TWR,TWTR,TRRD,TRTP.The problem with these settings is that in my bios, there is no "default" setting, and as i m kinda irrelevant with such issues, i don't know which values to assign.Any suggestions?

hey man i had the same mobo as you, recently RMA'd (unrelated issue).

also had 4x1gb of the memory you are running.

settings for me were as follows i think,

DRAM timing by SPD (DISABLED)

DRAM CAS# Latency (9)

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay (9)

DRAM RAS# Precharge (9)

DRAM RAS# Activate to prechar (24)

DRAM TRFC (48)

DRAM TWR (8)

DRAM TWRT (4)

DRAM TRRD (4)

DRAM TRTP (4)

MCH read blah blah (tRD) (7)

1N/2N Memory Timing - (2T)

try those out. (apparently it is very difficult for these guys to understand your request and they will tell you to set everyrthing else to to "default" or "auto" settings which dont exist or are random.)

im assuming you know how to set your ram : FSB ratio to give 1333mhz for ur ram. eg. 2:1 (667:333) also change the voltage to your ram to 1.71V (or close to) this is at least a good starting point. hopefully ram guy can help you fine tune.

Archived