Corsair Community

BIOS Setting for ASUS P5K Premium/WiFi-AP with 8GB of Dominators

Patanjali

Would anyone KNOW the specific BIOS settings to get 8GB of Dominator memory (2 x TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF G v1.1, two sequential matched pairs acct80505274 and acct80505275) working with the ASUS P5K Premium/WiFi-AP motherboard?

With the default BIOS settings, any three modules work in any three slots, but not all four. I tried the timings and voltage recommended in the Memory Configurator (as marked on the modules), which are fine for three modules, but not four. Also tried 800MHz.

I have looked at each of the Posts on this forum (and others) involving the P5K series, but they describe situations that result from actual memory module problems. I repeat that for me, ANY three modules work in ANY three slots with the default BIOS settings, so the modules or the slots are not faulty per se.

If possible, I would like to overclock to 3GHz plus, but the preference is to use the full 8GB. The machine is used for sample-based music generation, so I need full RAM and speed, but still remain quiet.

I have had several suggestions from ASUS support, but they do not seem to really know what is going on. They even suggested 7-7-7-20 at 800MHz, which didn't work even for three modules.

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived