Corsair Community

Problem with a Flash Voyager USB/8GB

Armando908

I have a USB (Flash Voyager/8GB) The drive was removed from the computer while the drive was transferring files. So after that, when i connect the USB, the system detect it, but as removable disk, and i cant access it. And when I to stop the USB I can read RICHIP F203N0.02 USB Device

I already tried some of the data recovery software from the link "AN803_CommonIssues_HelpfulTips_DLoss_DCorruption" and it doesn`t works

Then If a format the drive using :

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

Question: what I`ll be doing is creating Boot and FAT tables? So the data area will be intact? Or the data area it`will be modified?

It`s important to know this, before I format the drive, because I have 7gb of information that i want to restore, using third party utilities

• 1 month later...

I have already started that after trying your previous suggestions to someone else to attempt to reformat with:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

This is the second one that I have had this problem with. I just threw the first one away thinking that it must have been something that I had done after I did a Google search and found no one else with the problem. I was ready to swear off of Corsair memory when someone pointed me to this forum.

Thanks again,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help with this!!! As I said above, I wish that I had known about this earlier. Oh well, I got this one replaced and I am very thankful!! It was very quick and easy.

I see that Newegg has the 16GB on sale. Maybe time to upgrade to 16GBs!!

I saw that this weeks episode of Chuck on NBC had a Flash Survivor in it. However, the badguy was able to crush it easily with his boot. I don't think that was real!! :)

Thanks again,

Ken-

Archived