Corsair Community

Need RMA

jrohan

I have 4 sets of Corsair XMS TWINX2048RE-3200 (matched pairs of 1GB DDR 400 ECC memory) running in an IBM e326 server.

I have been getting memory Chipkill errors logged by the server for several weeks now and finally attempted to diagnose the problem. As it turns out, as I move one of the pairs of DIMMS to different slots, the errors follow that particular pair. With them removed (down to 6GB memory), the server logs no memory errors.

I will need an RMA number so I can send this pair of DIMMS back for warranty replacement. I am loath to try to diagnose it down to a single DIMM, as these were packaged and sold as a matched pair.

Please advise.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

These modules are no longer manufactured so we would like to replace all of these modules that you are using in the system with a newer part that would be compatible which would work with your system. Once you receive the RMA number, you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com if you have any questions regarding the replacement or if you would like to discuss possible replacement options.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived