Corsair Community

Memory for my Intel D875PBZLK

dankgus

The cpu is 3.2ghz 800fsb. I already have 2 sticks in, I bought the Corsair TWINX1024-3200PT 1GB Kit from zipzoomfly.com. The memory is working great but I think I want to add some more. If I add any more, my memory slots will be all taken up so I am thinking about adding 2GB, that is 2 1GB sticks. I don't want to waste money on another 1GB kit and be full with no way to add more memory. I looked at the Corsair web site and noticed that the only 2GB twinx kit has a different latency rating than the original 1GB I put in. 3-3-3-8 instead of 2-3-2-8 of my 1gb kit. Does this matter? I just want a super fast and reliable system. Also, zipzoomfly sells the platinum or black 2gb kit. There is a $15 difference, is the memory different or is it just the heat spreader? I don't do any overclocking yet, but I might play around with it as INtel lets you adjust the FSB speed up to 4%. Can I get some tips on what I should do to upgrade? Thanks so much, --Dan

Yes, this gets a little confusing. I ordered and am using TWINX1024-3200PT, which has the platinum heat spreader. The specs are listed on the corsair site as this: TWINX1024-3200PT XMS3200 1024MB 2-3-2-8 2x184 DIMM Platinum The same memory, only with black heat spreader , has latency of 3-3-3-8 according to the corsair site: TWINX1024-3200 XMS3200 1024MB 3-3-3-8 2x184 DIMM Black The specs for the 2GB TWINX2048PT are as follows: TWINX2048-3200PT XMS3200 2048MB 3-3-3-8 2x184 DIMM Platinum Does that make any sense? I actually already ordered the 2GB platinum kit and I really hope I didn't screw up. I appreciate any tips you can give me. THanks, -Dan

Well, I ordered another set of TWINX1024-3200PT and I plan on returning the 2048 kit when it arrives. I probably only need 2GB of total mem anyway. This way I have more money to spend on other parts and I am sure of compatability. ZipZoomFly is an awesome vendor, they have taken back 2 items from me and waived the 15% restocking fee. Both times the packages were unopened, but they have been great for a guy like me who buys first and asks questions later. --Dan

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry, but that looks like a typo on our Webmaster. I have reported it and it will be changed. However if you look at the one with out the PT it has the correct settings. And these modules both Twinx1024-3200 and Twinx2048-3200 and XMS3200 are all rated at Cass 3-3-3-8. C2 = Cass 2-3-3-6 LL = Cass 2-3-2-6 PT = Platinum Heat Spreader Pro = Activity LED's R = Registered RE = Registered with ECC With nothing after the part# that would be a standard Black Heat spreader. And would be rated at Cass 3-3-3-8.

• 2 months later...
I did a search, and this was the clostest match I could find, so... I'm thinking of getting Intel's D875PBZLK (assuming I don't take a risk on an Athlon board, or wait for an i925 board). According to Intel's info, the board ONLY supports 2.6v for RAM. As far as I know, there's no way to adjust voltage on this board. According to Corsair, the TWINX1024-3200XLPT RAM requires 2.75v. I'm debating whether or not it's worth even the money for the better 2-2-2-5 latencies of that RAM, but I'm not even sure if it'll run in that board. Any ideas?

Archived