Corsair Community

Bsod/ restarts

awsomegn

I got the BSOD and could not load into windows. I tried an acronis back up and as it was going threw it, the image failed. I went to do a windows repair and I kept getting a “syntax error in the .sif file setup uses in line xxxx” and wouldn’t load winxp setup. So I had a new mother board (asus p5k-e) and installed it and ran the setup again and still the same. I switched cd drives and the same. Run winxp setup disk on another computer and it worked. Searched google and the syntax error is a ram error so I went and got me some get by ram and bingo winxp setup worked. I’m still trying to save the files off my computer from the corrupted image that did not save my files. I just had these sticks rma’d several months ago. Can they really be bad again? I know these boards (P5K’s ) can have problems so I ran the ram volts at 2.1 What am I missing? If I remember these are compatible to my board…or should I use something else. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

I would recommend that you test the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU with http://www.memtest.org. If one of the modules fails and the other works, then we will need to replace both of them for you. However, if you get errors with both of them, then there may be something else contributing to their failure.

At any rate, if you have another set of memory working, these should be replaced. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived