Corsair Community

Failing to boot with 4GB RAM

Odaik

hello,

I've just installed another 2GB of Corsair Dominator 1066 RAM, making that 4GB using 4 DIMMs. However, using settings for 1066Mhz, I get a blue screen on startup, or sometimes it just hangs on the windows loading screen. Using settings for 800MHz, the system boots successfully into windows.

As it works eventually, I'm thinking it may be a voltage setting somewhere. Any ideas guys?

• Corsair Employees
Make sure you have set the memory voltage to 2.1 volts if you have the TWIN2X4096-8500C5D modules. If you still have problems then you will want to test them one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU. If one of the modules fails and the other works, then we will need to replace both of them for you. However, if you get errors with both of them, that would usually suggest some other problem.

hello,

I'll try that ASAP. BTW, I see using 4 DIMM's is a common problem. What have been past solutions?

I've been doing some experimenting, and have found that everything works OK until I put the divider above 1:1.25. I cannot get it above this.

• Corsair Employees

With four modules in any system can be issues with the amount of extra loading on the chipset/memory controller. You can read up about it HERE.

The 2 most common ways to solve this issue would be to either lower the memory frequency, or overclock the motherboard.

Archived