Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF bad module

Unlucky

I have been running this memory on an Asus P5N-T Deluxe for a few months now. Just recently I have been getting random lockups at first I thought it was related to the fan speed on my 9600 GTs being to low and locking due to heat.

However it happened again when just surfing so I decided to run memtest86 again it found errors right at the end of test 1. I tried each stick one at a time and it seems to only be one stick that causes the errors.

I would like to know if I can get an RA and would also like to know how long will this process would take? As I would be stuck running on a pair of old ******** ram that I never really liked (hence why I bought the Dominator).

SLI ready set to enabled - memtest errors very early in test 2

SLI disabled and all timings/voltage set to defaults (auto) - same as above

All timings set to defaults and voltage at 2.09 or 2.11 - same as above

Timings set manually and voltage at 2.09 or 2.11 - same as above

• Corsair Employees
Just one fails, the other seems fine and was pretty stable when I tested it alone. I just got an RMA request email and confirmation with shipping instructions.

Thank you for your help.

No problem at all, let us know how the replacement works out!

• 5 weeks later...

Well I got my replacement ram a few days ago and seems good. Passed the Windows Vista Ram Test without any errors (haven't had time to try a round of memtest yet). I did get a chance to run a bit of Stalker: Clear Sky with no issues.

Thanks again, great support!

• Corsair Employees
Well I got my replacement ram a few days ago and seems good. Passed the Windows Vista Ram Test without any errors (haven't had time to try a round of memtest yet). I did get a chance to run a bit of Stalker: Clear Sky with no issues.

Thanks again, great support!

Glad to hear you are back up and running, let us know if you have any more problems!

Archived