Corsair Community

Corsair XMS2 DDR2 possible dead and would require RMA

IonNuke

Greetings:

I have a pair of CM2X512A-6400 in dual channel (512MBx2) and i've tested all the chips in every slot of the motherboard and also in every possible combination. It's taken me about 2 hours to do the tests and i'm getting a motherboard beep code of 1 long and 3 short. The last I remember is that code is for memory failure. So I think my chips are both bad.

i've also tried the chips individually in each slot and it's all the same 1 long and 3 short beep code. Does Corsair still do Advanced RMA services as I have to do reports on my computer daily and with the absence of RAM it doesn't boot which makes my work a bit harder ;)

Thankx

• Corsair Employees

If both modules give you similar issues when tested individually there is likely some other issue. It is very unlikely that 2 modules would fail at the same time with the same problem. If possible you may want to test them in a different system to see if the problems follow the memory. Advanced RMA is not usually a standard option, but you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what options may be available.

If you determine the modules to be causing the issues, then we have no problem replacing them for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

I tried only one of the chips in my other gaming box and got the same 1 long and 3 short beeps. I didn't try the other chip in my gaming box since both systems have the same board.

However prior to the time that it didn't boot, whenever using the system for normal operation, the system would just blank out and reboot and the STOP error message was memory related but it didn't really specify what section of the memory. Would that be leaning towards faulty chips?

I think I'd just like to get the chips replaced because downtime on one box is probably just as frustrating as having other system issues that I can't figure out ;)

Archived