Corsair Community

IC7-MAX3 and Twinx PC4000 incompability!!

ERG165

:confused: :confused: :confused: I am having problems with Twinx PC4000 (2x512mb) with a Abit IC7-MAX3!!! In stock , everything works but if i try 201FSB ,the system crashes and i have to clear CMOS. I have other sticks of PC4000(from other factory)and everything is ok!!!Overclock is easy and very good!!! Is there any problem with my Twinx??? Is there incompability with IC7-MAX3??? Do i have to RMA my Twinx????? thanks

[quote name='RAM GUY']Can you tell me the settings you have set for both memory and CPU? In addition, the speed of the CPU and it's FSB?[/QUOTE] In all FSB with corsair , The system crashes and with other , everytinhg is fine!!!! In GAT i use A A A D D and 3-4-4-8 Expert. Only with Corsair i have problems!!! Is my memory with problems???? thanks

• Corsair Employees
Again, what are the exact bios settings? If you have the performance mode set it may ignore the timings you have set for memory and try to run the memory out of spec. That would be my first guess and the reason I am asking for the bios settings you have set, any from the bios default settings. In addition, with out knowing the speed of the CPU and it’s FSB I cannot make suggestions for the settings!

What is your suggestion?? I am using a P4 3.2ghz(800Mhz FSB) For the timings and for the GAT of the IC7-MAX3!!! DRAM Timing Selectable MANUAL -CAS Latency Time 3 -Act to Precharge Delay 8 -DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 4 -DRAM RAS# Precharge 4 .... Game Accelerator AUTO -Refresh Cycle Time AUTO -Read Delay(tRD) AUTO -Read Delay Adjust(tRDA) Disabled -Command Per Clock(CPC) Disabled

• Corsair Employees
They should be able to pass [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] at these settings, and I would set the din voltage to 2,75 Volts and the CPU at 200Mhz and test them one at a time. If you do find you have a bad module, please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived