Corsair Community

Overclocking Help!!!

MAZINGER

Thank you much for the reply, I have 4 one gig sticks of the dominator PC-8500 C5D.

I started to overclock a little last night based on some of the readings of other threads and I got to 2.7 Ghz then ran the prime95 torcher test for 7 hours and had no problems.

Will that be as far as I can go? my temps as core temp said were 53-58 C while the torcher test was running.

Thank you again.

Hello,

Well as previuosly posted I am able to run prime95 for 7 hours wiht out any errors or play supreme commander on a game with 8 players 4vs4 and have no problems but then just out of no where my mouse just hangs and then the whole system just freezes any idea why? and it happends while just browsing the net...

The only thing I have recently added to my system were the 2 extra gigs of ram and the overclock.

Mazinger

If you can repeat this mouse issue. In other words, if it happens repeatedly, the remove the overclocks and see if it repeats. I can't see this being the overclock. Possibly the video card or some interrupt issue. Possibly some corrupted files on the OS especially if you had blue screens or freezes as you were overclocking. You might need to reinstall the OS afresh.

Thank you Sr. for the ultrafast response, I never got blue screens. it all happend just at ramdom but I opened the case today and I noticed one of the main front fans was stucked with a power cable so I fixed it and kept the overclock and I am currently running Prime95 all core at 100% and temps 47 - 48 according to core temp... could that had been the problem? the lcd screen on my Crosshair Mobo was posting DET DRAM = detect memory 1. auto detection of dram size, type and ecc 2. auto detection of L2 cache(socket 7 or below). Should I just not overclock my machine LOL?

Thanks

Sincerely

Mazinger

could that had been the problem?

You'll know soon enough :D:

the lcd screen on my Crosshair Mobo was posting DET DRAM = detect memory 1. auto detection of dram size, type and ecc 2. auto detection of L2 cache(socket 7 or below). Should I just not overclock my machine LOL?

:eek: Wash your mouth out with soap m8! Not overclock? :eek:

:laughing:

Hello Derek,

Thanks again. Well my comp froze again today while I was just writing an email!!! but then I left it running prime 95 for about 2 1/2 hours and it never froze??? Now what the heck is that??? the temps on Core temp are 49-51 with all cores at 100%.

Sincerely

Mazinger

Archived