Corsair Community

First Time Buyer needs help?

I bought this Corsair CMX512-3200LLPRO 512MB DDR400 XMS3200 Ultra Low Latency ProSeries Memory w/Heat Spreader, It keeps shutting down when I run simple programs, I think its is halting is the correct term because it does not restart, just see blank screen?? I had a stick of Samsung 256 DDR 400, but someone said to only use the one stick of Corsair because they don't paly well with other players! So I have the one stick of Corsair thats it, Please someone help me I want to buy anotherstick I like the looks and I heard Corsair is the best, My System is below..... Thanks Brian from NY

• Corsair Employees
If you have no errors with 20 passes of Memtest86 it would suggest another problem with your system. Power supply is the first thing to come to mind with dealing with reboot situations. There are other hardware pieces that can also cause reboots, you will need to check the system components. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
If the memory will not run at its rated speed lets get it replaced. Please send us an email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]FORM[/URL] or you can send all of your info(full name, shipping address, phone # with area code, the module part #, quantity to be replaced, and a copy of the link to this post). Email it to [email]rma@corsairmemory.com[/email]. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the RMA please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmemory.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Thank You!

• Corsair Employees
You can return the memory to either place, it is up to you. I would suggest using your place of purchase first and if you have any problems then come to us. Let me know if there is anything else. Thanks!

I am testing ram right now with memtest, Its been 10 Hours and 13 mins 39 pass, no errors, I think the ram is ok?? I am going to lower the multi to 9.5, I dont see a 9, and up the fsb, See what happens, Thanks here is a screen capture of my temps in bios.... [url]http://www.kiaconcepts.com/bios3.jpg[/url]

• Corsair Employees
If you are able to go to a higher FSB with lower mult it would suggest that the CPU is the limiting factor in your over clock. Chances are if you up the mult you will not be able to POST the system. With your system above 200 mhz FSB I would suggest running Memtest86 again to make sure that everything with the memory is O.K.

Archived