Corsair Community

Quad2X4096-8500C5FG & Gigabyte P35C-DS3R problems

petter

I've been running the above combination for 6 months. I got some help here with my setup initially (thanks!)

I've been using the system as a headless Linux server. Yesterday I suddenly got random application crashes. I took the system down but could not boot my memtest86 CD. I left the system for a while and when I tried to start it ran into a power cycle loop. I can get into BIOS with one memory module in slot 1. Modules 1 and 2 will pass memtest86+ when inserted in slot 1. Memory modules 3 and 4 will not pass (power cycle loop). Does this mean that module 3 and 4 are faulty?

The system runs very cool and I don't to any overclocking. I have a 520W PSU.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure you have set the memory voltage manually to 2.1 volts and test the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU. If you still have the same results then we will want to replace the kit for you. Let us know your results!

• 3 weeks later...
I did, and two of the modules fail, and the other two pass. I got an e-mail that the RMA was approved and that I should get an e-mail with return instructions, but I have not received any e-mail yet (I have sent requests for RMA instructions). The case number is 665609.

Archived