Corsair Community

EVGA 790i ultra sli and TW3X4G1800C8DF

musicjerm

Hi, I just put together this new build (see profile) and seem to be having some issues. The system freezes when running games, and also sometimes will get a generic bluescreen error. This is when running 32 bit Vista Ultimate. I cannot even install 64 bit Ultimate without freezing and/or crashing at some point in the installation. I have noticed on the EVGA website that this board supports 1066/1333/1600/2000 memory speeds. Could this be a compatibility issue with this ram running at 1800? I have spent hours changing the latency, speed, and voltages in the bios but cannot seem to come up with a stable solution (although it does affect when/how the problem occurs). I also ran memtest and prime 95 on this system, both for about 6 hours without any errors. I have tested system with a different hard drive, different video card, and power supply. Thank you for any help.

Jerm

• Corsair Employees
With 32 or 64 Bit Vista, you will need to remove one of the modules and do the install with 2 Gig of memory installed then install the patch for more then three big of memory or SP1 then you have have more than three Gig of memory.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test

Archived