Corsair Community

xms2 ram

chewybr

I wanted to upgrade my computer to, so it would have 4gb of ram, well around 10/21/07 i purchased the corsair xms2 pc6400 ram ver 5.1. And its been running great. Well a few days ago i purchased two more gigs of ram from newegg some product or what i thought was(newegg didn't have the ver number in there spec of the product) and I got ver 5.2 ram.

Well something tells me you can mix the two diff types of ver of ram, if im wrong please tell me. but anyway when i try to boot my pc up with just the new ram in to will not boot or freezes. ram 1 when its in the pc by its self will boot up but after a few mins the pc freezes. and when ram 2 is in by its self the pc will not boot up. now when i combined all four stick the pc would not boot. but when i took the one stick out it would boot but freeze or i'd get a bsod.

thanks you for the reply. I haven't download and installed the windows fix pc with more than 2gb of ram, which im guessing i should do that and that might fix the problem as well.

but the thing is when i try to use just the new sticks of ram, im getting errors and bsod. when i only have stick installed A the pc will not boot up with it in and stick B only installed the pc boots up to windows and then freezes here and there. so i haveing problems with the new sticks as well. but i will try lowering them to ddr677 and upping the volts

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0-2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived