Corsair Community

Slow Voyager 32Gb

HappyAS

Hello.

I've been using the 16Gb for daily backups for the past 18 months or so. We have 5, one for each day of the week.

Handy BackUp runs every night and it would take about 8 hours to back up everything. All worked well.

A couple of weeks back I noted the 16Gb was no longer big enough so I purchased 3 No 32Gb units from Dabs.com in the UK.

Nothing else has changed. I formatted all three and plugged one in for the daily backup. It starts running at 7.00pm and used to finish (the 16Gb units) around 2.00am in the morning.

I now get to work at 8.00am next day to find the backup is 10% of the way through. Files take a couple of seconds each.

This is useless to us. I've contacted the supplier who advises ALL the units are faulty. They have offered to exchange them or refund me. They cannot promise that replacements will work.

What do I do? Has the issue been fixed?

I have twice eMailed a link (at Corsair support) provided to me by Dabs.com but have not had any replies.

I would like to have some units that work. Have the problems been fixed? If so how do I get replacements (of working units) in the UK?

haveI followed other similar threads and have ran the speed test on them. These give me results as suggested in the forum.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

Please try to format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager) then try the HDBENCH v3.40 Beta 6 to test the performance. And please do a full format of the drive before you run the test and set it to 100 MB file size.

They should read at about 23 MBps and write at about 14 MBps.

I've formatted the three devices as specified.

On Saturday mid-day I started backing up the 17Gb to one of them.

It is now Monday 10.30 and the back up is 74%complete.

I ran the tests and the results are as follows.

Read 22908

Write 7876

RandomRead 22750

RandomWrite 1969

Where does this leave me?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to see how the replacement process is getting along.

Your site advises that the goods have not yet been received whereas my carrier advises they were delivered in Holland before 16.08 on 12 Sep.

Can you please help me with this?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

Archived