Corsair Community

twinx2048 cmx1024 computer beeps wont start

sbayliss

Hi, I have 2 sets of twinx2048 started my system today to find that it only beeped continuously never started. So i started removing ram sticks, and as murphys law would have it, its always the last place you look. Removed the final stick and the system booted and runs fine. My questions are 1. How do identify the good matched set and 2. do I send one module or both back for warranty.

ps I already requested rma for the bad stick, lifetime warranty is awesome.

Matched up the ram by lot num. I moved the ram around put the bad stick into slot 4 system didn't beep but wouldn't load went to a quick flash of BSOD then restarted. It contiued its loop bootup- bsod-restart. removed the bad stick all is fine system started. Definitely bad stick of ram.

• Corsair Employees

If you set the memory voltage to 2.75 volts, and tested the modules one at a time in the slot closest to the CPU and only one of the modules is failing, then I would be confident that the module has failed and that a replacement should resolve the issue.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• Corsair Employees
I didn't see and option to change the voltage to 2.75v. how is this done?

Unfortunately I could not tell you exactly where the setting is in that BIOS, but usually the Abit boards will have a "uGURU" or "Soft Menu" in the BIOS where you can adjust voltages.

case number 662407 but i selected one module not two. my mistake. I responded to the email and told them of my problems and that I had been talking to the Ram Guy. Also, what is the turn around time on something like this?

Thanks for you help.

Archived