Corsair Community

HX 1000w being noisy

kakeninja

Alright, so I've just bought and built myself a new computer and I chose HX 1000W for PSU.

I have one problem with it though. It's being very noisy, doesn't matter if my computer is idle or if it's running a game, the noise is the same.

Only exception is when I boot, it's not as noisy then but as soon as I'm done booting it starts again. Also, when I boot and it isn't being too noisy I can hear some sort of *click* ... *click* sound. Hoping there isn't any wrong with the PSU itself, so I won't have to return it :)

• Corsair Employees
The clicking noise would not indicate a functional problem with the PSU, but it should not be clicking. If the noise is bothersome enough to be heard while you are using the system, then we can try replacing the unit for you. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Done.. And yeah, the noise does bother me. And I've had others state that their HX1000W isn't being nosiy at all, whether their computer is running games or being idle, it just isn't apparently.

And well, everyone who's come to my house after I got my new computer have commented on how noisy it is, and it's the HX1000 making all the noise. It's seriously all I hear from my computer at this moment.

Anyway, does this mean I have to send it in?

• Corsair Employees
Well, I guess I have to then. Being without a computer sucks tho. :/

There is no rush, the PSU is not going to damage anything and you have a 5 year warranty, so you can use it until you are ready to send it to us. You may also contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if there are any options available to speed up the process.

Archived