Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2 only works on CAS 3

okano

my memory is only working on CAS 3 but it's a CL2 RAM... i've read that its only works on intel systems with CL2 but it should work with CL2.5 on AMD systems .......but it works with CL3 i've got a MSI K7N2 Delta nForce2 ultra 400 board and a AMD athlon 3000+ (barton)

No, you won't damage the memory. The warranty covers you up to 2.8 volts and if you run the timings too fast, you'll just not be able to boot/be stable. Set it at: CAS: 2.5 RAS to CAS Delay: 3 RAS Precharge: 3 Active Delay (tRAS): 7 With the higher voltage, if it's stable, drop the 7 to a 6. Run [url=www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/url] to check for errors, if it's still not running clean (no errors) than you might have a failing module. PLUR CK P.S. Mike, I'm just saying tRAS @ 7 because it's an overall slower set (2.5/3/3/7) and might be [i]just[/i] a little more stable. We'll get him figured out!

[quote name='CandyKid'] P.S. Mike, I'm just saying tRAS @ 7 because it's an overall slower set (2.5/3/3/7) and might be [i]just[/i] a little more stable. We'll get him figured out![/QUOTE] Good suggestion as dropping from 8 to 7, then 7 to 6 is more methodic. :cool: Mike.

Archived