Corsair Community

Blue Screen! Please Help

I get a blue screen whenever I open most programs and whenever I surf the net for awhile. The description says something like virtual memory dump and if this is the first time seeing this message just reboot. A buddy of mine had the same problem and message. He was told that the problem was because of his ram going bad or something. They told him that corsair would replace it with a new one for free. Please post any help or answers. Thanx for your time!

• Corsair Employees
It would be really helpful to know what MB and CPU you have as well as the exact part # of the memory module(s) that you have from us. Please list this info and we will see what we can do. Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Please try the following settings in BIOS and retest with Memtest86 ([url]www.memtest.org[/url]). AI Overclock: Manual CPU Ext. Freq: 200 DDR Freq: 400 DDR Voltage: 2.7X Performance Mode: Standard DRAM Set by SPD: Disabled SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T USB Legacy: Disabled

The test cycled through for 3-4 times with no errors. The only thing that was different from my settings to the settings that you had me switch to were that I had mine set to turbo and you wanted it set to standard. If that means anything. Thanks again sam

• Corsair Employees
The "Turbo" mode in BIOS over rides the timings and sets them to 2-2-2-5. The memory that you have will not support these timings and will error out. Let me know if you continue to have any problems. Thanks!

Archived