Corsair Community

VS256 qnd Abit VT7 crashing

beaming

I built a new machine last week, and have been having erratic crashes. It's a p4 2.8c, not OC'd. 2 x 256 Value select pc3200, with CAS latency 2.5. Abit VT7 motherboard. Running XP pro, with latest SP. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, and the memory fails on ERAND test, several times per pass. But, if I leave just one ram chip in the machine. then it passes the tests. If I put the chips in slots 1 + 3 (for dual channel operation, memory test crashes on Stride6). I tried boosting the voltage 2.6-> 2.8 to increase stability, but the machine still crashes / reboots randomly. I left the DRAM timings on auto. 2.5 CAS 4 bANK Precharge to Active - 4t Active to Precharge - 9T Active to CMD 4T RED to ACT - 15T ACT(0) to ACT(1) - 3T DRAM COMMAND RATE - 2T Command. Motherboard Bios is up to date. Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...
I'm not an expert like these other guys, but I have a VT7 and was having random reboots and had tried lots of stuff. I've gone 2 days now without a random reboot or memory error and that was becuase I took out all the memory sticks and put them in a different slot. So the one i had in the 1st slot i moved to the 3rd slot etc. I havn't had issues for 2 days so i assume that i'm fixed. Can't hurt to try it. Also, if you are running a prescott core chip, check the revision of the VT7, the revision 1 boards are supposed to be less reliable and you may be able to get a revision 2 board from the retailer. thats what i did.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for the delay, and I would test the modules one at a time with [url]www.memttest.org[/url] and if they both pass please try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them in dual channel.

Archived