Corsair Community

Voyager detected as fixed storage rather than removable

Excel110

Everything seems to be functioning properly with great write and read speeds (20+ MB/s on both for 100 meg file), although it seems to hang at the end of a write to the USB (once the file is transferred, the transfer window hangs at complete for 10 or 15 seconds). And yes, I tried it on two different computers (it is fixed on both).

• Corsair Employee
There is nothing in the drive to set that, what is the make and model of the MB or systems you tried them in and what O.S. are you using? And in Device manager under the policies of the drive you can change it to a removable drive.

• Corsair Employee

As long as its working I would not worry abut it.

You can try and re-install the USB Mass storage drives and see if that help but if you do dis-connect all USB devices and with this still connected remove the listing for in it in device manager and the Generic USB HUB then remove the drive and any other USB device and then go back to Device manager and remove all USB Devices listed in Device manager and restart the system and insert the drive and see if it detects it properly after it installs all of the drivers.

P.S. I have seen some other USB devices cause this type of anomaly like a Printer that has a SD card port.

Archived