Corsair Community

Need help please

madjock

I have recently purchased dual 2gb corsair cm2x2048- 6400c5- 55518,800mhz

1.9v...

i have changed the mem voltage from 1.8 to 1.9 and altered the cas...from top down 555-18

when i start my pc with 4gb its slow and processors are over active but when i restart with 2gb everything is fine. Maybe i have not set the bios config up properly ?

some times the mouse pointer freezes aswell ? could some one please advise me please ...thanks

i have 4gb- 2x 2gb sticks

vista 64 sp1

mb- asus P5N32 SLI PREMIUM

intel C2D 6600 2.4

PSU HYPER TYPE R 580w

i know my setup fully supports 8gb

but i have a feeling i need to adjust voltage and timmings so maybe you could advise me on my best bios settings for my ram (cm2x2048-6400c5-555.18-1.9v-

ver3.1 , and it came in dual pack =4gb corsair)

i had it working fine with 32x vista...

basically when i add the 2nd 2gb stick my pc takes long to boot up and my pc acts very slow and at times the mouse freezes...been strongly advised to tweek my bios settings and maybe the mem voltage and timmings need adjusted so any advice please on how to get the best out of this ram/setup...cheers :d

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.3 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

update :

4gb showing in bios and system properties/info

but when i go to task manager it only shows 3325mb !

(bios info : ACPI BIOS Revision 0802)

The only settings i have touched in the bios after i defaulted them was :

mem volt. 2.1

ras-cas in that order : 555.18

So puzzled why its showing 4gb in my bios and system properties info and only 3325mb in task manager.

Also i have done all the latest updates for vista 64 sp1... and tested my pc with Call of duty 4 on max settings and it works flawless but on that same not '3325'mb is still showing in my system info properties and also in my sidebar apps (meter readers)

Please could some master tech look at this and help me !

Thanks for all the support.

omg...... BONT sbssssss yes yes...big time allience with sbs, i own -1PARA- (1 Parachute Regiment) Clan Multi-gaming !!

Add me to msn hq1para@hotmail.com and mention my name to your boys 'Madjock' ...Your guys are always on my servers and i go back long time with soldier X...

If you could come on my teamspeak and help me with this ram prob and i dont need to disturb these great tech guys anymore.

Thanks

update:

just updated my bios to latest version (1002)

shows 4gb in bios and in system properties aswell but when i goto task manager it still shows 3325mb which is over 3.3gb so im losing 2/3 of a gb !!

i have tested both sticks seperatly and both show as 2gb in bios/system info/task manager...

where the hell is the 600+mb gone to...

i have done my timming and mem volt (2.1)

cant find north bridge enable would appreciate a tech guy to look into my m-board/bios and ram and see if they could solve this mystery !

Big thanks...

madjock,

have a look if these images are the same as in your bios:

step 1:

http://i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/146275/article/p5n32-sli/IMG_3986.jpg

(select chipset)

step 2:

http://i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/146246/article/p5n32-sli/IMG_3993.jpg

thats is indeed the latest bios...it could be that those pics were from a different version of the p5n32 serie's.

the only thing i can think of, apart from reinstalling vista is to swith the modules over to the other memory slots.

Archived