Corsair Community

Asus Formula Crosshair II with Twin2x2048-8500c5d g

pluto.nash

Hi, I'm facing the following problems with the a.m. Ram and mobo:

If Ram are set in auto mode in BIOS they are recognized as 1066 Ungaged mode 64 bit (single channel), and timing recognized is 1066 MHz-5-3-3- 3-2T (read carefully as it should read 5-3-3-13-2T but the 1 is missing)

If I force the BIOS to see the Ram in Ganged mode than the result is: 1066 Ganged mode 128 bit (dual channel), and timing is still 1066MHz-5-3-3- 3-2T (with the 1 missing)

If I disable the SLI ready memory in the BIOS than the Ram are recognized as 800 MHz Ungaged mode 64 bit with timings 5-5-5-18T (forcing the BIOS to ganged mode than they are seen as ganged 128 bit with same timings)

Due to the incorrect timings when I install the OS I always get a blue screen.

The BIOS of the mobo is the latest (0803) and the Processor assembled is the AMD Phenom x4 9950 Black Edition.

I have already contacted ASUS support but after 8 days I have not yet received a reply.

Anybody can help me in fixing these problems :question:

Thanks in advance for any reply. :):

P.S.

I apologize in advance for any grammatical error but English is not my mother language.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set SLI Ready Memory to CPU Max and set the CPC/CR to 2T, then test with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them one up and or in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set SLI Ready Memory to CPU Max and set the CPC/CR to 2T, then test with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them one up and or in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thanks RAM GUY for the quick reply, as far as Bios I have the latest (0803) released by Asus, regarding new settings and test I will do them immediately and I will let you know results a.s.a.p.

Best regards.

Yes please do let me know and if you still get errors please test them one at a time.

Hi RAM GUY, tests done with Memtest86+ V2.01 Floppy. The results are as per attached pdf file.

I've also made a further test with other DDR2 memory (different Brand) and the memtest86+ have not displayed any error.

Awaiting your comments, thanks and best regards.

RAM Test.pdf

The timing should be set to Cas 5-5-5-15, do the modules pass at the tested settings over clocking the CPU to get the memory to DDR1066 at 2.1 Volts 2T Command Rate?

From the Bios the Ram are seen as 1066 MHz single channel without overclocking the CPU. I will set manually only the timings as Volts and command rate are already sets as per your previous instruction and I will make a new memtest.

Will revert to you a.s.a.p.

Hello RAM GUY, test done but result is not good.

As you can see from the Pictures #1 & #2 DDR Timings, Voltage and CPUOC are setted as per your instructions, but Bios see the timings incorrectly.

Result of Memtest86+ is shown in Picture #3.

I've made another test to the RAM with Memtest86+ running them in non SLI mode with all standard settings (they are recognized as 800 MHz 5-5-5-18) and result is shown on Picture #4.

Awaiting your comments.

1141179680_Picture1.jpg.e0f1b4eea24b6d1c0b2266adf1fc71aa.jpg

216786098_Picture2.jpg.588adf7f28abeea00cfed127e7e42fdb.jpg

1110762926_Picture3.jpg.a8182feb50221064da2d0f190b9c1799.jpg

1918273073_Picture4.jpg.d67071c1059b18c01008d88f0ff948b4.jpg

You need to contact the MB maker as it seems the BIOS is reporting the right settings but it is not running them properly and that would suggest a BIOS update or issue.

The strange thing is that only the Dominator I have are not working properly.

I've tested other 2 RAM brand on the mobo (one pair 8500 SLI ready and one pair 6400) and they works fine at the right timings and both passed Memtest.

By the way I've contacted the dealer who sold me the Ram and got the following weird reply "Corsair RAM can't be defective, any how ask them directly to replace it ..." (knowing that I live in Italy and shipping costs to USA will be higher than buying a new kit and further when I will receive back the Ram I will have to pay the custom clearing duty)

Maybe this is my first and last purchase of Corsair products ....

I thank you for the patient and collaboration in trying to solve my problem, there should be more people like you around the world !

• Corsair Employee

We can try and replace the modules if you like it is possible the SPD is set wrong but that can be easily checked with CPU-Z in the SPD tab.

And if you do the RMA with us I am sure they will have you ship them to our European HUB I think in Denmark.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

We can try and replace the modules if you like it is possible the SPD is set wrong but that can be easily checked with CPU-Z in the SPD tab.

And if you do the RMA with us I am sure they will have you ship them to our European HUB I think in Denmark.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Hi RAMGUY, even shipping to Denmark is quite expensive (around 35 Euro) but please note that before taking any decision I'm going to make the last test ... (I don't know why I haven't done it yet !).

I have another Pc with an Asus M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition mobo with AMD Athlon x2 6000+, I will assemble the RAM on it with all standard setting parameters and I will run Memtest86+.

Will contact you at test end.

Hello RAM GUY, Dominator have succesfully passed Memtest on the M2N32-SLI Premium Mobo (at 1072 MHz) and they have been recognized as SLI ready from the BIOS of this mobo. (see pictur attached)

I've aslo made the last test on the CROSSHAIR downgrading the DOMINATOR to 800 MHz and they passed the test !?! (see picture attached)

I think there are some problem in the motherboard and I'm going to ask the replacement of it.

What I can't understand is why other 1066 RAM non even listed in the QLV for the Crosshair II are working ... and your not ...

I thank you for the help and collaboration and hope I will not bother you again !

154304924_TestpassedM2N32-SLI.jpg.5f93aa086e8563426229f5e91fdb956e.jpg

1461222166_TestpassedCROSSHAIR800.jpg.c891a9c64e94d5e07cc123c85974e9bf.jpg

Hello RAM GUY, Dominator have succesfully passed Memtest on the M2N32-SLI Premium Mobo (at 1072 MHz) and they have been recognized as SLI ready from the BIOS of this mobo. (see pictur attached)

I've aslo made the last test on the CROSSHAIR downgrading the DOMINATOR to 800 MHz and they passed the test !?! (see picture attached)

I think there are some problem in the motherboard and I'm going to ask the replacement of it.

What I can't understand is why other 1066 RAM non even listed in the QLV for the Crosshair II are working ... and your not ...

I thank you for the help and collaboration and hope I will not bother you again !

Again you need to contact the MB maker and from what you posted they work properly in another system so it is not the memory.

Yes, as already stated in my previous post.

Thanks again for help and I will let you know if the new mobo works as soon as I will receive it.

Regards.

Corsair can't do that, as it's a conflict of interest.

However, you can use the Corsair Compatibility Site to search for motherboards compatible with your memory's part #.

I apologize for the wrong question .....

Please note that my ram are not listed in the "SEARCH BY CORSAIR PART NUMBER" :confused:

There are listed the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF but not the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DG

There are listed the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF but not the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DG

both are the same modules, the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DG = the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (the "G" was added later)

TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF is the pack with the fan.

both are the same modules, the TWIN2X2048-8500C5DG = the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (the "G" was added later)

TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF is the pack with the fan.

The "G" just means the parts are ROHS Compliant and is not needed any longer as all of the modules we produce will meet that requirement.

Oky understood.

Thanks to all for explanation.

Archived