Corsair Community

vx450 Whistling

transitions

I bought a power supply vx450 one month ago for building a htpc but quickly it sounds strange.I have a vx550 in my gaming pc and i can compare...It seems that the vx450 has a problem.It's difficult for me to describe exactly with a small english vocabulary but i hope you'll understand.

In two words,a very disturbing Whistling ( i have an audio sample recorded with my headset if you want and attached to this post).It happens everytimes when the computer require a minimum of UC utilisation (it could be also when i open a webpage for example).The thermoregulation has also a strange behavior,the fan speed is not adapted,so noisy (idle condition ,Cool'n'Quiet activated,case temp 29°C),it is not normal.All connectors are isolated,it's not a ground problem .I tryed with an old Antec Smartpower (sorry) 350w and everything works perfectly,i conclude it is not an electric problem also.Regular customer of Corsair products,symbol of quality product for me,i think this time i have no chance with this vx450 , maybe a problem could happens with a product with so many good reviews and appreciations?

What's your opinion about this case,i'm afraid to use it now (i have read it could be a condenser problem ?).

alim-1.zip

• Corsair Employees
The noise would not indicate any mechanical issue with the PSU, but if it is loud enough to be bothersome then we can try replacing the unit for your. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived