Corsair Community

Information regarding UPS backup for Corsair Vx550 Watts

abhinay1777

Hi guys

I m concerned about what UPS backup should i really required for my new Corsair VX550 Watts which i m buying in a couple of days............I currently own a 600 VA UPS and i also have a 400 watts PSU..........It is working well with that psu but i m not sure how it will work with corsair vx550 watts...........So tell me is there any need to upgrade my UPS too so that it works with 550 watts psu?????????????????????????????:confused:

• Corsair Employees
It may be OK but I would suggest considering upgrading the unit later to a 1000 VA unit. The one you have may be taxed to close to its limit with a 550Watt PSU but it will depend on the system configuration.

My system configuration will be like this

Intel Dg965RY motherboard

Intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz

Palit geforce 9600 gso Grpahic card

4x1Gb ********en RAM 667 mhz

Seagate Barracuda 500 gb Hard disk drive

19 inch LCD Monitor

1 Dvd writer

Actually i don't wanna spend my money on a UPS again.....So if u say then i may opt for corsair 450vx. IS corsair Vx450 watts enough for the above specification.

• Corsair Employees
With that configuration you will not pull anywhere close to 550 watts, so there is probably nothing to worry about. Ideally you want a little more head room with a UPS, but in this case you should be fine. You will be drawing the same amount of power whether you are using our VX550, or the VX450.

Archived