Corsair Community

P4C800 Deluxe and XMS4400PT Twins Help

Ram Guy, This memory is way sweet, easily running 3.3ghz with my M0 P4 2.4C 1:1 (2.75v) passes memtest up to 277 with 2.85v; cooler with 2.75v tho. I was curious, not able to post in 3/2 or 5/4 dividers @ 275 FSB bios revision is 1016 i dunno im leaning towards trying other bios revs. settings 3-4-4-8 dual channel PAT disabled (auto) or enabled still no post in 5/4 or 3/2 performance mode is auto got my agp/pci locked at 66/33 tried most settings under the sun except for bios revs which may be next just for braggin rights here my system specs Pentium 4 2.4c @ 3.3Ghz 1100 FSB Asus P4C800 Deluxe Corsair TwinX1024 4400PT BFG FX5900nu flashed to 5950 (475/950) Audigy 2ZS Winfast 2000/XP tuner Allied 500W PSU Koolance PC2-601BW with 200G CPU Block stack of drives and some neon lighting! any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks!

yeah man, I know i got a sweet OC right now; Sisoft Memory is over 6500 unbuffered; but you know allways got to live on the edge; was trying to find the ceiling of my processor actually well after some thinking i forgot to put 2 and 2 together did a little troubleshooting and confirmed my theory I can boot in 5/4 or 3/2 in Single Channel mode with FSB higher than 275 in [B]dual channel [/B] only can boot 1:1 higher than 270 fsb. so its rather an issue with dual channel and the dividers being to far apart, maybe i dunno.. anyhow I have a question for you man, you got a 2.4c and P4c800 Deluxe as well do you notice a floating vcore? bounces up and down; havnt found much info to that rather, except that i have a M0 stepping P4 2.4c versus D1 (just what i got when i ordered off the web from Gateway Computer parts and accessories; no less lol, lucky i guess); both according to intel specs have "multiple VIDs" but refers mostly to max vcore nothing about varying and well theres light information on the M0 stepping except peoples say it OCs well with low temps and its similar to Xeon and EE core is base on. Vcore is generally set to (auto) seems to work fine and considering the stepping of the chip im assuming @ 3.2ghz it is near its base speed anyhow but I have tested up to 1.65v still no post in dual channel unless the mem and FSB are in sync. agp volts is set to 1.60v vcore still varies in bios and probe software whether set manually or auto anyway, you got varying voltages? they report about .5+ off? you got D1 or M0 stepping? later kris ----------------------------------------------------------- Intel needs to create a line of P4s that have unlocked processors damn it~

I can't remember about my stepping but, it came out last year in about June or July. I got it as soon as the "C" CPUs came outl. I got my P4C800 in April last year, as soon as they hit the shelves too. As to the voltages, yes, mine overvolt at idle also. The overvolting comes down as soon as you place a load on the MOBO. This seems to be characteristic of many of the recent Asus MOBOs. Many users report this and my P4PE does it also. Some say this overvolting is one reason that Asus MOBOs are so stable. Mike.

damn didnt even notice that, load on the CPU and the voltages lowering, interesting, thanks kris ----------------------------------------------------------- Intel needs to create a line of P4s that have unlocked processors damn it~

Archived