Corsair Community

cm2x1024-6400c4 problems

subwars

hi, i'm having troubles with 2 sets of the above ram, i got 1 set back from corsair as an rma, i then went out and bought another set to put with them to have 4gig now.

but both sets are failing on me in exactly the same way, 1 stick won't even post and the other stick has errors(memtest) and the exact same in the other set.

know even i think that can't be right, but it seems to be, have tried all 4 sticks in 3 different systems

an asus p5q deluxe (p45 chipset)

a gigabyte ds3p (p35 chipset)

and another gigabyte s3 (p965 chipset)

and it does the same thing on all 3 systems, now i've got 2 other corsair ram sets, the same as above but version 6.2, and other set thats the same but not the c4 ones, and it's version 5 something. 5.2 i think it was, as for these other 2 sets i'm having problems with are version 2.1.

now before you ask, yes all boards are running the latest bios's, and timings and voltages are set right.

is there some manufacturing problem that has happened with the version 2.1's?

something is definatly strange for 2 seperate sets to have the exact same problem, 1 stick dead and the other having errors

• Corsair Employee
Definitely a strange issue. I think it would be best to get all four replaced. Since two of these modules were sent by us via an RMA, I would suggest that you give our RMA department a call directly to see if they can help you get this resolved ASAP. You can reach them at at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com. Otherwise, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived