Corsair Community

Intel D975XBX2

kurtblacksmith

Can someone, either as a Corsair rep or an Intel D975XBX2 owner, confirm that Corsair Twin 2x4096-6400C5 will work with the D975XBX2 motherboard? According to the specs from Intel this board only supports 1.8 V and 1.9 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs that are single-sided or double-sided DIMMs (with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMS with x16 organization are not supported). Furthermore Intel recommended configurations include modules of the following typr: 2048 MB DS 1 Gbit 128 M x 8/128 M x 8.

The Corsair website recommends modules requiring 2.1 V, but I haven't been able to verify the D975XBX2 can support that voltage. Can someone acomment on this?

The applications I run would benefit from 4GB of RAM and I'm under the impression that 2x2GB is the preferred configuration for the 975 chip set.

TIA for the feedback!

• Corsair Employees
Yes the BX2 will support setting the memory as far as I know, however if you have an early version it may not show up in the BIOS and you should ask Intel if the MB you have will have that option to be sure. And for the modules in question I would suggest 1.9 to 2.0 Volts be set manually.

Archived